Poona is nestled along the Great Sandy Strait, 30 kilometers south-east of Maryborough on the beautiful Fraser Coast, and adjacent to Fraser Island. Poona has retained its charm and relaxed lifestyle and is popular with holiday-makers who enjoy the quiet life, quiet water and good fishing.
In the heart of this small community is a passion for relaxation and fishing, only minutes by boat to Fraser Island. Poona offers a great place for children to play and swim safely, Poona is also blessed with abundant birdlife to tempt birdwatchers and an abundance of wild flowers in the spring.
Access to the Poona Palms Caravan Park is via the Cooloola Coast Road, from either Maryborough or Gympie.
There are many great reasons to spend a few days at the Poona Palms tourist park:
- One of the most Picturesque Caravan Parks in Queensland
- Top Fishing and Camping Spot
- Safe Beaches
- Minutes by boat to Fraser Island
- Relaxing and Enjoyable
- Situated on the Great Sandy Strait
- Boat ramp access
Poona Palms Caravan Park offers:
- Self-contained units
- Spacious caravan & tent sites
- Pets welcome on sites
- Dump points available on all sites
- Shop & Convenience store
- Digital Free-to-Air TV transmission to ALL sites
Click here to find out more about this excellent holiday destination.